Privacy Disclosure and Consent
Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd collects personal information about you for the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure and Consent (Consent). Any personal information obtained from you is used only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your consent or as permitted, or required, by law. If you do not provide the information sought we may be unable to process the application by the client borrower for credit or the application by the prospective guarantor to be a guarantor, or we may be limited in the services we can provide you.
By requesting a finance quote via submitting a Quick Quote or an Online Application on our website www.leaseworks.com.au, www.justcarsfinance.com.au,www.justbikesfinance.com.au , you, as our client, acknowledge and authorise:
1. Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd will obtain from, and disclose to, any third party any information about you, that is reasonably necessary to advise you, or to assess, arrange, provide or administer your credit application.
2. Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd will provide your personal information to a lender Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd, approaches so the lender can assess your credit application.
3. A lender approached by Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd, may do any, or all, of the following to assess your credit application:
– Notify a credit reporting agency you have applied for credit with them, the amount of the credit required and that they are your current credit provider
– Provide your identification details to a credit reporting agency
– Exchange credit information about you with a credit reporting agency and any credit provider named in any credit report from that agency, or any credit provider named in your application
– Obtain information about your commercial activities or commercial credit worthiness, where relevant, from a credit reporting agency
Disclose information about your proposed loan and your credit information to a guarantor or prospective guarantor.
4. Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd, as your agent may do any, or all, of the following on your behalf to access and disclose your credit information:
– Provide your identification details to a credit reporting agency
– Obtain your credit report from a credit reporting agency
– Disclose information from the credit report and any relevant credit information to a lender Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd has approached
– Disclose information about the proposed loan and your credit information to the guarantor, or prospective guarantor.
5. Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd may use your personal information to make future offers to you. If you do not wish to receive this service, you may contact Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd, in writing c/- The Privacy Officer, Suite 36, 2 O’Connell St Parramatta NSW 2150 to request its cancellation.
6. Leaseworks Australia Pty Ltd may disclose personal information, including credit information, about you to organisations that provide services to it, such as contractors, agents, computer systems consultants or providers, document custodians and advisors so they can perform those services.
Collection of information
We gather information from clients, customers, contractors and other third parties to carry on our business and provide our services to you. Before collecting your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure you know who we are. We will also ensure that you know what the purpose of the collection is and are aware that your personal information is accessible to you.
We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
• Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
• Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
• Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
• Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. We at Leaseworks Australia encourage all our users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Access to and correction of personal information
Leaseworks Australia is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Leaseworks Australia collects information from the site using “IP files”. When you visit the Leaseworks Australia site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites.